Whether you relish hunting up the best Black Friday deals, or prefer strolling the shops of your own downtown as snowflakes fall, ’tis the season. Here are surefire ways to put smiles on the faces of the ones you love.
Stocking stuffers they’ll appreciate:
- 10ft phone charger
- Coffee mug with photo of the family pet — try Sur La Table or Anthropologie
- Nice pens or office supplies
- Poo-pourri (no, seriously)
- Sriracha To-Go Bottle Keychain
Gifts they won’t even think to ask for:
- Hydro Flask Water Bottle or Yeti drink ware
- School gear like a new sweatshirt or a warm hat
- Spikeball set — we recommend getting the real deal instead of a knock-off
- A fun game like Bonanza, Balderdash, Game of Things, Cards Against Humanity, or Quelf
- Hammock — like an Eno or a Kammock Roo Hammock
Electronics they’ll love you for:
- We’ve partnered with Dell to offer great student discounts on tablets and lap tops
- Bluetooth speaker like the UE Boom or the Bose SoundLink Micro
- Air pods
- Noise cancelling headphones
- External phone charger
Gift cards they’ll actually use:
- Zipcar, UBER or Lyft
- Ticketmaster gift card to see a concert
- Audible subscription
- Local coffee shop or restaurant in their college town — many places have e-gift cards now making it easy to give!
Cozy, Saturday morning essentials:
- Footie pajamas are a hot commodity right now and Target has some great options
- Slippers they could also wear outside the house like these durable ones from L.L. Bean
- A throw blanket or a robe to stay warm while they
binge watch Netflixstudy
- An easy brunch cookbook (college students LOVE brunch, right?)
- Wax warmers are great candle alternatives for students living in a dorm
- Quality hot chocolate or coffee to drink out of their new mug!
We polled college parents and students to find the best gift essentials for 2017. CollegiateParent is not affiliated with, does not endorse, and will not receive any form of compensation from these brands in exchange for being featured in this article.