Apartment search tips at University of South Florida
Your student’s future at the University of South Florida will be an adventure full of life-changing milestones and achievements. As you help them prepare for the journey, there are several things you’ll want to consider, including which student-friendly features to look for in apartments near USF. Here are a few tips to pass on to your student:
Student-friendly features to look for in apartments near USF
- Close proximity to campus: Right in the middle of all the action, apartments near USF are a quick walk, bike or scooter ride away from the campus. Students can easily avoid the chaos of on-campus parking, allowing them to save time for what really matters: studying, extracurricular activities, and rest in between classes. Students can also hop aboard USF’s Bull Runner Shuttle for a quick and relaxing ride to the campus, complimentary to students with valid university ID.
- Individual leases: Several student apartments near the University of South Florida offer individual (by-the-bed) leasing, with which residents are only held responsible for their portion of the apartment. This means that if one of your student’s roommates doesn’t pay the rent or utilities on time your student will not be affected. Individual leases make it possible for students to enjoy the lower cost of living that comes with having roommates but without any of the liability.
- Roommate matching: Several apartments near USF offer roommate matching services to connect individuals with similar living preferences, interests and habits. Prior to move-in, future residents will be asked to complete a questionnaire identifying their ideal living situation, covering things like smoking vs. non-smoking, pets, guests, cleanliness, typical schedule, area of study, and hobbies. The office will systematically pair roommates with similar lifestyles to help create a positive living environment.
- All-inclusive: Easily bundle utilities and rent into one convenient monthly payment with all-inclusive apartments. This makes paying bills more efficient and also prevents costly set-up fees that many utility companies charge when service is initiated. All-inclusive options are unique to each apartment community and may include some or all of the following services: water, electric, trash removal, high-speed internet and cable.
- Fully-furnished: Furnished apartments are a popular choice for students living on their own for the first time. Many apartments near USF conveniently bundle furniture packages into the monthly rent and include cozy yet modern selections in both the bedrooms and common areas. With a comfy living room sofa, spacious bedroom set, and beautiful dining table, your student is sure to feel right at home in their new apartment.
- Student-focused amenities: Students can easily prioritize their studies with A+ amenities like study rooms and computer labs with free printing – perfect for group study sessions, online course work, or quiet review time. Apartments near USF also make it easy for their residents to relax and meet new people with a wide variety of resident activities and community events including pool parties, movie nights and food giveaways.