We are so excited for new and continuing Bearcats to arrive at UC! Welcome Week offers a full-week of events to help students socialize and meet new friends, learn about and celebrate UC’s traditions, and get involved in a variety of co-curricular activities and programs. Students can select the activities they would like to attend; however, New Student Convocation and College Day are required events for all first-year students on Friday, August 24. Other Welcome Week highlights include:
- Family Welcome Brunch (August 24, 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m., Sheakley Lawn) – As your student heads off to a full-day of activities, families are invited to grab breakfast and mingle with fellow families before departing for home.
- Bearcats Block Party (August 24, 4–7 p.m., McMicken Commons) – Encourage your student to stop by for food, fun, games, and giveaways from the Division of Student Affairs!
- Akwaaba: Black Student Welcome (August 25, 3–6 p.m., Zimmer Auditorium) – Akwaaba (the Akan [Ghana] word for “welcome”) is a celebratory and informative time to introduce campus services, student organizations, and community resources to students, while providing a formal space for our AACRC "Center Kids" to reunite after their summer break!
- Taste of Uptown (August 26, 3–5 p.m.) Students are invited to sample some tasty food from locations surrounding campus. They can grab a bite and then walk down MainStreet to the Student Organization Fair.
- Student Organization Fair (August 26, 3–5 p.m.) UC will showcase our 400+ student organizations! This event is a great way to find out about lots of involvement opportunities all in one place!