University of Montevallo Cashier's Office
The mission of the University of Montevallo's Cashier Office is to assist Montevallo students/families in understanding their financial obligations related to attendance at the university. For some, the responsibilities of college can be overwhelming. These responsibilities may include bill payment, registration dates, and knowing school policies. Please look below for answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Where is the Cashier’s Office located?
Our office is located on the second floor of Palmer Hall.
Where can I find out my students’ account balance?
Log on to ForUM using your student username and password. Click on the Banner tab and Banner Self Services (SSB). Choose Student, then Student Account. To see your current account balance, choose student account summary by specific term or account detail by specific term while making sure to select the current term from the pull down box on the next page.
What are my payment options at UM?
- Make payment in full by the published payment deadline date (first day of class by 5 p.m.)
- Enroll in a payment plan (Fall and Spring semesters only). Visit our webpage for more information about payment plan options currently available at UM.
- If using financial aid, make sure the amounts you have been awarded are adequate to fulfill the balance owed on your account. IF a balance remains after your aid credits, the remaining balance must be paid by the published payment deadline date.
- Late Payment Fee: A $50.00 late fee will be charged if payment is not made or loans are not applied to the student's account by the payment deadline.
How do I make my payment?
- Payments to students' accounts may be made online using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or Electronic Check. Go to montevallo.edu, click on Academics, and then click on ForUM under the Quick Links list. You will need your username and password. Parents can also make payments on the student account if the student has set them up as an authorized user through the student e-payment portal (click the Parent Portal link for more information).
- In person at the Cashier's Office window on the 2nd floor of Palmer Hall 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Effective Summer 2012, the Cashier's Office no longer accepts credit card payments over the phone due to security and privacy reasons.
- Mail checks (please include Student ID number on check) to:
University of Montevallo
Montevallo, Alabama 35115
When are billing statements sent?
UM no longer mails out paper bills to students. All students are sent an electronic bill (E-bill) to their ForUM university assigned e-mail address once a month regardless of their account balance.
I'm the parent of a student and I pay the bills. Why can't you talk to me directly about my student's financial matters?
The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that we have written permission from the student to disclose any part of the student's educational records which, by law, is confidential. Information concerning this federal law can be found here. Students can establish you as an authorized person by going to the Registrar's Office on the 2nd floor of Palmer Hall to fill out the release form. Once this form is on file, the Cashier's Office will be able to answer your questions regarding your student's financial matters.
University of Montevallo
Montevallo, AL 35115
Phone: (205) 665-6065
University of Montevallo Page
Fax: (205) 665-6078