Undergraduate Advising & Pre-registration for Current Students
The pre-registration period is set aside for currently enrolled students. Currently enrolled students must meet with their advisors prior to pre-registration and plan their upcoming schedule. Students should contact their advisors to schedule appointments. Students will not be able to register via ForUM until their advisor has cleared them to register. Students with a declared major who have not been assigned an advisor should contact the departmental office of their major. Students without a declared major should contact the General Studies advisor, TyAnn Lindell at (205) 665-6092, in the Academic Success Center located in Van Tuyll House. It is essential that students follow the procedures listed below in order to complete the pre-registration process:
- Check your Student Account for any HOLDS. You will not be able to register if you have a hold on your account! Holds are applied to a student’s account to ensure that they take care of enrollment requirements. Some examples of these are student conduct sanctions, health forms/test results, and unpaid fees.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to plan your schedule.
- Your advisor will enter a PIN number that allows you to register for classes.
- Register for classes (according to the schedule below) by logging into ForUM to access Registration Tools found under the Students tab. For detailed instructions about the registration process, visit the Registrar’s webpage.
Pre-Registration Schedule for Fall 2017 Semester Classes
- October 30th – Pre-registration begins for currently enrolled graduate students at 7 a.m.
- November 1st – Pre-registration begins for currently enrolled Seniors at 7 a.m.
- November 3rd – Pre-registration begins for currently enrolled Juniors at 7 a.m.
- November 7th – Pre-registration begins for currently enrolled Sophomores at 7 a.m.
- November 9th – Pre-registration begins for currently enrolled Freshmen at 7 a.m.
Students are responsible for understanding the registration process and for any classes that are added or dropped from their schedule.
University of Montevallo Page