Are you and your student ready for the Spring semester?
Whether you are returning to campus or joining us for the first time, the Office of Student Success welcomes you and your student to the Spring 2018 semester! Our goal is to provide students with what they need to be successful with a one-stop contact for resources and assistance. Encourage your student to stop by our office in the Van Tuyll House or send a text to (205) 900-4668.
Important things to remember
- Spring semester begins Wednesday, January 10. Check the official calendar for other important dates such as Spring Break and finals.
- Plan ahead for next year. Submit a FAFSA for the 18/19 academic year. Read more.
- UM email is the official means of communication for the University and its students. Check your email frequently.
- Full-time enrollment for undergraduates is 12 or more hours. Full-time enrollment for graduates is 9 or more hours.
- To stay in UM housing, undergraduates must be enrolled in at least 6 hours and graduates must be enrolled in at least 3 hours.
Graduating in Spring?
- If you plan to graduate Spring or Summer 2018 make sure you have completed the graduation application.
- Ensure your Spring courses fulfill your degree requirements by checking your degree evaluation in consultation with your advisor. Learn more.
Changing your Spring schedule
- Speak with your advisor if you are considering changing your schedule.
- You can add and drop Spring classes January 10–16, with a refund for the course dropped.
- Beginning January 17 you will not receive a refund for a dropped Spring class and a grade of W will be reflected on your transcript.
- The last day to drop a Spring class or withdraw from the Spring semester is March 16.
- If you need to withdraw from ALL Spring classes please stop by the Office of Student Success for a withdrawal form (Van Tuyll House). Check the withdrawal policy.
Paying for the Spring semester
- Contact the Cashier’s Office with any questions regarding your student bill. Call (205) 665-6065 or email email@example.com.
- Contact Student Financial Aid with any questions regarding your financial aid. Call (205) 665-6050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you have registered for the Spring semester, charges will show up on your student account in Banner Self Service. Electronic bills (eBills) are sent to your UM email address once a month.
- If you can’t cover your balance by the first day of class, set up a payment plan now. Learn more.
- Students with an unpaid balance not covered by authorized aid and/or a payment plan by 5 p.m. on the first day of the semester, January 10, will be charged a $50 late fee.
University of Montevallo Page