Temple Family Council
The Temple Family Council is a group of 15–25 diverse, highly dedicated Temple family members who volunteer their time and knowledge to enhance the Temple student and family experience.
- Contribute to shaping the parent and family experience at Temple University.
- Foster communication between the university and Temple families.
- Provide strategic input to university administration regarding topics and issues of importance to parents and families.
- Provide programmatic support serving as volunteers, as needed, at events such as Parent & Family Orientation and Homecoming & Family Weekend.
- Serve as a regional representative of Temple in your area by acting as a contact person and building relationships with family members in your area.
- Assist in fundraising efforts in support of Parent & Family Programs.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Must be a family member of a current Temple undergraduate student.
- Must be willing to serve on the council for at least one academic year.
- Attend two on-campus meetings per academic year, one of which will be held during Homecoming & Family Weekend and the other will occur mid-semester during spring.
- Participate in scheduled conference calls with Parent & Family Program Coordinator.
- Write at least three articles per academic year for the Parent & Family Portal.
Interested? Applications occur once a year. The number of family members selected each semester is dependent on the number of available spots.