It’s time for your student to complete the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid® (FAFSA).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your student may file the 2019-2020 FAFSA as of October 1, 2018, at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Be sure to include SCSU’s federal school code: 001406.
- You and your student are required to use 2017 income and tax information to complete the application.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import your tax information into the FAFSA. Using the DRT is the fastest, most accurate way to complete the FAFSA.
- If you are unable to use the DRT, use your 2017 Federal Income Tax Return to enter the tax information manually.
- Our priority date is March 15, 2019.
- FAFSA applications processed after our priority date are considered late and may not be reviewed before the bill due date.
- Don’t wait…the FAFSA can be completed NOW!
- Your student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from Federal Student Aid. Please read it carefully, as it will you to any issues that you or your student need to correct.
SCSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships