Time to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid® (FAFSA)
It’s time for your student to complete the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid® (FAFSA).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your student may file the 2019-2020 FAFSA as of October 1, 2018, at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Be sure to include SCSU’s federal school code: 001406.
- You and your student are required to use 2017 income and tax information to complete the application.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import your tax information into the FAFSA. Using the DRT is the fastest, most accurate way to complete the FAFSA.
- If you are unable to use the DRT, use your 2017 Federal Income Tax Return to enter the tax information manually.
- Our priority date is March 15, 2019.
- FAFSA applications processed after our priority date are considered late and may not be reviewed before the bill due date.
- Don’t wait…the FAFSA can be completed NOW!
- Your student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from Federal Student Aid. Please read it carefully, as it will you to any issues that you or your student need to correct.
• 7 things you need before you fill out the FAFSA form
• The parents guide to filling out the FAFSA form
SCSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships