The priority date to complete the 2019–2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid® (FAFSA) is March 15, 2019.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your student may file the 2019-2020 FAFSA: fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to include SCSU’s federal school code: 001406.
- You and your student are required to use 2017 income and tax information to complete the application.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import your tax information into the FAFSA. Using the DRT is the fastest, most accurate way to complete the FAFSA.
- If you are unable to use the DRT, use your 2017 Federal Income Tax Return to enter the tax information manually.
- Our priority date is March 15, 2019.
- FAFSA applications processed after our priority date are considered late and may not be reviewed before the bill due date.
- Your student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from Federal Student Aid. Please read it carefully, as it will you to any issues that you or your student need to correct.
Please refer to our website for more information about eligibility requirements www.southernct.edu/financialaid. If you have any questions about the financial aid procedures or deadlines, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SCSU Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships at (203) 392-5222.
You and your student are also invited to seek financial guidance from the Office of Student Financial Literacy and Advising which is devoted specifically to providing financial literacy and planning information for current and prospective students as well as their families. Please encourage your student to contact Mr. DeLuca by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment and get started on their path to financial literacy and successful money management. For more information, please go to www.southernct.edu/financial-advising.
SCSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships