Southern Connecticut State University’s food services are provided by Chartwells Food Services. There are several dining locations for students spread across the University, and Chartwells offers a range of Meal Plans tailored to accommodate all different schedules and lifestyles.
Lots of places to eat!
Between multiple classes, studying periods, going to work and juggling social activities, who has time to get an affordable, nutritious meal in a convenient timeframe? Students do! Students can use their “My Meals Meal Plan” to eat what they want, when they want, and how they want it! Meal Plans can be redeemed at the University’s all-you-care-to-eat Connecticut Dining Hall or any food service campus retail location including the Bagel Wagon in Engleman Hall, Davis Hall, the North Campus Market, the new Library Café, and the Adanti Student Center Food Court, including Dunkin’ Donuts.
Plans available for commuter students, too
There is a wide variety of meal plans to fit all different schedules and lifestyles. All residence hall students are required to have a meal plan, but don’t worry — commuter students have meal plan options, too! Southern offers commuter students a choice between three commuter meal plans and three resident student meal plans, allowing commuters to select the plan that best fits their schedules and lifestyles.
There are many other benefits to dining on campus:
- Students save money by buying a package of meals and not having the per meal sales tax.
- They do not have to relinquish a coveted parking space to drive off campus to find a restaurant.
- No need to carry cash because they just use their SCSU Hoot Loot Card.
- There are many delicious, nutritious options.
- Chartwells offers vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and allergen-friendly choices, too, and the chef is happy to meet with students and their parents to discuss special dietary arrangements.
So, if your student is a commuter and needs the convenience and affordability of campus food service, encourage them to take advantage of the Commuter Student Meal Plan options. For information about purchasing a meal plan, please advise your student to contact the University Card Office at (203) 392-7077 or online.